rsync mirrors?

smcclanahan

05 Apr, 2013 07:30 PM

I've read several blogs & threads about running gem mirror following by generate_index but even after provisioning a 16GB VM with huge swap & waiting 2 days I still cannot get generate_index to complete successfully on the entire rubygems mirror. Is possible that I could become a mirror partner with rsync? Do you have the gems & indices built with some private rsync mechanism as I've seen hinted at that I could become a partner of? I need to provide a mirror to offline networks & this is really painful.

Things like CPAN, pypy, nodejs, cywin, etc have convenient functional mirror capabilities & the best one to date is definitely rsync. It would be great if we could use rsync or get guidance on how the hell to actually build the index for these gems. Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by smcclanahan on 09 Apr, 2013 08:14 PM

bump

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Nick Quaranto on 08 May, 2013 12:15 AM

Agreed. Check out this thread:

http://help.rubygems.org/discussions/problems/5225-any-successful-i...

We really just need people who are excited and passionate about making sure mirroring works to help make it work and stick around to help.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac