rubygems1.8.11 installation error

uday

22 Nov, 2011 06:51 PM

I am trying to install rubygems1.8.11 into NOKIA N900.The ruby1.8 setup.rb command is not working as root.It says ./lib/rubygems.rb:29:in 'require':no such file to load --rbconfig (LoadError) and so on.
I changed the directory and every thing is ok inclding dependencies such as rdoc,irb,libopenssl. What might be the problem?
Please help me out.

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Luis Lavena on 22 Nov, 2011 06:55 PM

Hello,

Your Ruby compilation for N900 should include a rbconfig.rb which is required for lot of things work on Ruby, including RubyGems

This configuration file is generated during compilation of Ruby and should be part of the install process.

if that file is missing from the installation, then something didn't copied properly in your environment.

Please check that you have the file in your build directory.

2. 3 Posted by uday on 22 Nov, 2011 07:23 PM

Hi,
    I have downloaded tgz file and decompressed it properly.I have reinstalled it two times.Even then there is no rbconfig.rb except setup.rb file.would you please tell me if there is any other way to install rubygems?

3. 4 Posted by uday on 22 Nov, 2011 07:44 PM

This is what my problem is.

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by Luis Lavena on 22 Nov, 2011 07:48 PM

Again, rbconfig.rb is part of Ruby, not RubyGems.

That file needs to be present in your installation of Ruby, not the source package of RubyGems.

Dunno how you obtained Ruby for the N900, if you downloaded it or compiled it, but rbconfig.rb is an important part that is required for RubyGems to work.

This has nothing to do with RubyGems but more on how the Ruby version on your device/environment has been provided.

5. Luis Lavena closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2011 07:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac