igraph

igraph licrary

02 Jun, 2011 02:29 PM

hi i try to download igraph gem in to bundler.

gem "igraph", "~> 0.9.6"

it just cant find the lib.

i tried the same for 0.9.7 version but no success.

can u pls help me to find out the igraph gem and install it. thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Luis Lavena on 02 Jun, 2011 02:36 PM

Hello,

help.rubygems.org is not a support group about gem installation, even less on the usage of Bundler. Is a support site to deal with specific issues of RubyGems website and service itself.

You're not providing the output or the error you're receiving, neither the version of Ruby, Bundler or RubyGems you have installed.

We can't help you without that information.

FYI, igraph gem depends on igraph library be installed. Please read the igraph gem README:

http://igraph.rubyforge.org/igraph/

2. 2 Posted by igraph library on 02 Jun, 2011 03:08 PM

my apologies. I am a beginner so trying to figure how this works. where can i post similar questions?

I am using 1.8.7 ruby on windows. I have downloaded windows rails installer. and i create new projects and update gem file within the project to install required gems for my project.

ERROR MESSAGE: cant find igraph library. extconfig.rb failed. couldnot create makefile due to some rason prob lack of necessary libraries/headers. check th mkmf.log file for more details.

how am i supposed to download to library and to which folder?

thanx for ur help

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Luis Lavena on 02 Jun, 2011 03:14 PM

Hello,

You need to download igraph library, compile and install.

I can't help you with that, specially since I have no knowledge of igraph library at all.

As instructed on igraph gem readme (which I provide you a link to) there is a section mentioning how to install the gem once you have igraph installed, which already provides a link to the library website where you should be able to download it, compile it and install it.

If you're not familiar with library compilation, you can try read about it online.

You can try asking this on specialized support groups like RailsInstaller or RubyInstaller:

http://groups.google.com/group/railsinstaller
    http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller

Or you can ask the gem author to use tools like "rake-compiler" to provide native binaries for Windows and avoid these issues.

4. Luis Lavena closed this discussion on 02 Jun, 2011 03:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Oct, 2014 05:37 PM
21 Oct, 2014 10:47 AM
18 Oct, 2014 08:39 PM