Re-install Ruby Gems for a beginner?

10 Apr, 2011 06:37 PM

Okay, so I've got Ruby on my Mac OS X 1.5. The Ruby version is 1.8.6, but the RubyGems version, when I check it in Terminal, shows that it's version 1.0.1.

I tried updating it, but it gives me this error:

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)

HTTP Response 302 fetching

In another post, someone mentioned that what I needed to do was to update the source, because this version of gems is trying to update from a defunct site. I tried this, using add source and remove source, but it gives me the above error each time.

I'm thinking my solution would be in a manual re-install of RubyGems. However, I'm not exactly sure how to do that (I'm new to Ruby), and all the other forum topics I've looked are way too technical.

Is there a very basic, step-by-step tutorial on how to do this?

Thanks guys.

1. 1 Posted by wirachmatc on 12 Apr, 2011 08:19 AM

Dear, My Friends;

First, i will say ,Hello..! how about you all. I need help from you, this is about Ruby, as a beginer i dont understand using it, please give me a comment ...! thanks.

Cici Wirachmat
  2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Nick Quaranto on 20 Apr, 2011 12:30 PM

You probably need the more manual approach listed here at the bottom:

Or hook up RVM and it'll work great as well.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac