gem not showing up in the Just updated list?

erinata

13 Jan, 2011 11:09 PM

It's not a very important issue but the just updated list is not showing my gem even if I update it like 1 second ago.....is it normal (like yu have other criteria in forming the list) or it's actually a bug?

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Nick Quaranto on 14 Jan, 2011 03:23 PM

There's definitely a long standing bug there, not sure why it does just sort versions by created_at desc.

2. 3 Posted by erinata on 15 Jan, 2011 08:31 PM

I see..........after some experiment, I think it's due to the time zone. I am in the central time of United States and when I publish my gem, the time is recorded as updated at 7 or 8 hours ago. And if there is no one publishing any new version within 7 or 8 hours, my gem will show up in the recent updated list. But it won't if there are more than 5 people updating their gem within this time period.

I think that's why this just updated thing only "sometimes" work.

But as I have said this is really a minor bug. I guess I would like to see rubygem 1.4 working for ruby 1.9 sooner 100 times more than this bug fixing. =P

Anyway, rubygem is GREAT! and Thanks for you guys' work.

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by Nick Quaranto on 18 Jan, 2011 03:58 AM

Yeah, definitely a bug though. Entered: https://github.com/rubygems/gemcutter/issues/issue/253

And yeah, I'd love to see a 1.9 fix too :(

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac