pushed new gem over twelve hours ago; old version still shows on search

Matt Fletcher

04 Jan, 2011 01:41 PM

Several hours ago I pushed the 2.0.0 version of the minilab gem, but when I search for "minilab", 1.1.0 still shows up on the search. When I click the link, "minilab 1.1.0-x86-mswin32-60" shows in the header. However, version 2.0.0 does show up at the bottom in the list of available versions.

Have I screwed something up? The native platform for the gem changed, so I'm wondering if there's something going on there.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Nick Quaranto on 04 Jan, 2011 02:23 PM

Yeah, I think this is a bug with version sorting with different platforms. Seeing the same issue here: https://github.com/rubygems/gemcutter/issues#issue/249

Usually we suggest that when using platform gems, you push version numbers for all platforms at the same time. Not sure if that's feasible here but it helps :) We've had issues with Nokogiri doing this in the past.

2. 2 Posted by Matt Fletcher on 04 Jan, 2011 02:27 PM

The old platforms aren't supported anymore - I'm only targeting the latest RubyInstaller on Windows (x86-mingw32) now.

What do you recommend for this case?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Nick Quaranto on 04 Jan, 2011 02:28 PM

Just leave it as is until I can fix the bug (or provide a patch yourself! :) )

The version ordering is only wrong on the rubygems.org home page, getting the gem via gem list, gem install, gem fetch, etc will work fine.

4. 4 Posted by Matt Fletcher on 04 Jan, 2011 02:37 PM

Ok. I was concerned that rubydoc.info's automatic linking into the newest version of the gem wasn't working either, but that appears to have resolved itself. Between that and what you've said, I'm no longer concerned.

Thanks for the assistance.

5. Nick Quaranto closed this discussion on 18 Mar, 2011 08:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac