Not sure what to make of that. I don't have the specific version
at home that I have at work, but I don't know that this would
matter? The only thing I can think of is that when I ran the
command at work, I got a lot of the following warnings:
Loading 115 gems from .
.....................WARNING: Skipping misnamed gem:
./gems/fastthread-1.0.1-x86-mswin32.gem should be named fastthread
............WARNING: Skipping misnamed gem:
./gems/hpricot-0.6.164-x86-mswin32.gem should be named
WARNING: Skipping misnamed gem:
./gems/hpricot-0.8.3-x86-mswin32.gem should be named
I didn't put them in the original post because I didn't think
that warnings were important. Do you think this is causing a
problem and if so, how do I fix it?
If you have anything else I could try I would appreciate
suggestions. Thanks for your help.
Actually, I figured out some things to try. I started with just
10 gems and was able to execute the generate_index command
successfully. I have added about 40+ gems (even those with the name
warnings) with no problems. I guess I will try to add the rest of
them tomorrow and see if there is a problem gem somewhere that is
causing the error.
In the meantime, if you have a fix for the "misnamed gem"
warning, I'd like to know how to fix it.
So, I decided to go back and get a new gem just to see if that
would work. My normal method of getting gems is to do a gem install
and then get the .gem file from the cache. But, on running "gem
install rspec", I get the same RangeError, so that seems like the
Unfortunately, when I try to reproduce the problem at home, I
have no trouble installing rspec on any one of my 3 versions of