spree_i18n ownership

08 Apr, 2013 08:15 AM

A user of Spree has pushed the spree_i18n gem to rubygems.org and no longer maintains it. I would like to have this gem removed from rubygems.org because we would advise people to install from GitHub instead. I am (one of) the primary maintainer(s) for Spree and its official extensions, so I think I have claim here. The reason for the removal is that it's confusing to users who install this gem and it doesn't working as they wish.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by David Radcliffe on 12 Apr, 2013 12:13 AM

Sorry for the delayed response!

I would suggest contacting the owner of the spree_i18n gem and asking them to either yank their gem or grant you access to maintain the gem.

2. David Radcliffe closed this discussion on 12 Apr, 2013 12:13 AM.

3. me re-opened this discussion on 12 Apr, 2013 04:32 AM

4. 2 Posted by me on 12 Apr, 2013 04:32 AM

I don't have jwall149's contact details and I can't find them online anywhere. IMO it's pretty clear cut: we own the gem and would like to maintain new versions of it. Is there any other way we can take ownership of it?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by David Radcliffe on 12 Apr, 2013 12:50 PM

I've added the existing maintainer of this gem to this thread. jwall149, are you still maintaining this gem (spree_i18n)? We intend to transfer ownership to Ryan Bigg.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac