gem install gltail fails

Ben

31 May, 2010 06:51 AM

I am totally new to ruby etc, just trying to get the 'gltail' program installed.
I am running RHEL5.5 which with v1.8.5 ruby and v1.3.5 rubygems.

gem install gltail fails with the following:

`Building native extensions. This could take a while... ERROR: Error installing gltail:

ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/usr/bin/ruby -rubygems /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/bin/rake RUBYARCHDIR=/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-opengl-0.60.1/lib RUBYLIBDIR=/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-opengl-0.60.1/lib /usr/bin/ruby mkrf_conf.rb (in /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-opengl-0.60.1) rake
gcc -fPIC -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -Wall -DRUBY_VERSION=185 -I/usr/include -I/usr/lib64/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux -I/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8 -I. -c gl-ext-gremedy.c
(in /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-opengl-0.60.1/ext/gl) In file included from gl-ext-gremedy.c:16:
../common/common.h:45:21: error: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory In file included from ../common/common.h:54,

from gl-ext-gremedy.c:16:

../common/conv.h: In function âary2cintâ: ../common/conv.h:142: warning: implicit declaration of function âRARRAY_LENâ In file included from gl-ext-gremedy.c:16:
../common/common.h: In function âCheckDataSizeâ: ../common/common.h:344: warning: implicit declaration of function âRSTRING_LENâ gl-ext-gremedy.c: In function âgl_StringMarkerGREMEDYâ:
gl-ext-gremedy.c:26: warning: implicit declaration of function âRSTRING_PTRâ
gl-ext-gremedy.c:26: warning: passing argument 2 of âfptr_glStringMarkerGREMEDYâ makes pointer from integer without a cast
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [gcc -fPIC -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTI...]
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-opengl-0.60.1/ext/gl/Rakefile:29 (See full trace by running task with --trace) rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [rake...]

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-opengl-0.60.1 for inspection.
Results logged to /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-opengl-0.60.1/gem_make.out`

Can anyone help with this?

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Eric Hodel on 01 Jun, 2010 06:02 PM

Upgrade to ruby 1.8.6 or newer, I 1.8.5 does not have the macros you need.

2. Eric Hodel closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2010 06:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac