Problems with the methods create and update of rforce 0.10 gem

Johan Rincon

02 Oct, 2012 10:50 PM

Hi all,

I am using rfoce 0.10 to get all the registers of the objects of a salesforce's instance, this is working fine. However, I need now update an object using rforce, I tested invoking update method but it not worked for me.  I was reviewing the documentation and found the following example to create an object:

=== Creating a record

opportunity = [
:type, 'Opportunity', :accountId, account_id, :amount, '10.00', :name, 'Fakey McFakerson', :closeDate, '2008-07-04', :stageName, 'Closed Won' ]

binding.create :sObject => opportunity

My code is: require "rforce" binding = RForce::Binding.new ("https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/20.0" )
id= binding.login("xxxxxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
objectChangec = [
:Id,'a0XU0000002X1iPMAS', :Name,'Testing', :type,'ObjectChange
c' ] puts binding.create :sObject=>objectChange__c

The Output is : {:Fault=>{:faultcode=>"soapenv:Client", :faultstring=>"Missing entity type information. sObject requires a separate 'type' field be sent."}}

Then I sent of the next form:
puts binding.create [:sObject=>objectChangec, :type=>'ObjectChangec'] and the output is:
{:createResponse=>nil}

But really the object isn't create. When I invoke the method update the output is equal the previous case explained.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Eric Hodel on 03 Oct, 2012 12:01 AM

This site is for help with ruby gems itself. Please consult the author of rfoce directly for help.

2. Eric Hodel closed this discussion on 03 Oct, 2012 12:01 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac